From: Peter da Silva
Subject: Re: C++ briar patch (Was: Object IDs are bad)
In article <············@masala.cc.uh.edu>,
········@bayou.uh.edu <········@Bayou.UH.EDU> wrote:
> I think the question goes further to "do we even need to obtain and
> dereference them?".  I'm using Scheme, and before that Haskell -- 2
> languages without pointers, and I've yet to run into a situation
> where I even remotely missed them much less thought about them.

Last I checked, Scheme was a very close Lisp variant. Now, Lisp has pointers
and pointer operations (CAR, CDR, RPLACA, RPLACD, ...). Doesn't Scheme?
--
The Reverend Peter da Silva, ULC, COQO, BOFH, 3D0G, KIBO, POPE Ziggy Wotzit II.
Har du kramat din varg, idag? `-_-'                                Kulanu Kibo.