From: Dave Mason
Subject: Functional Languages in the real world (was Re: Uses for scheme)
I had a web page already that had a few applications of functional
programming languages.  I have taken that, plus recent comments here,
plus Richard Mann's survey results and put them in URL:
     http://www.scs.ryerson.ca/dmason/common/functional.html

I would *VERY* much like to have further examples of Scheme/Lisp/SML/CAML
(or Haskell/Miranda/Gopher) applications in the real world.  My list
is long, but never long enough.  I'd also like attributions for any of
the unattributed examples I include (and anybody who has posted in the
general area, in the last month or two, should probably check that I
quote them correctly).

I almost feel like we're starting to reach some critical mass in
applications.  I count about 35 significant applications described on
the page, plus some debunking of myths about numeric performance.

../Dave
--
"Feminism:
   The belief (considered radical by some) that women are people, too."