From: Usman Muzaffar
Subject: question about AKCL and allocate
Hi all. I have a large (19 meg) executable that I'm trying to get
running on an UltraSPARC (it runs fine on an older sun workstation).
The name of the program is akcl-prog.

Here's the glitch: When I run akcl-prog on the UltraSPARC, the program
creates some output, and then dies, giving:

--
Correctable error: The storage for fixnum is exhausted.
                   Currently, 207 pages are allocated.

If I run akcl-prog without it's startup arguments, I'm given
some kind of LISP prompt. If I type (room) on either system, I get
get the following for FIXNUM:

 207/220   99.7%    FIXNUM SHORT-FLOAT CHARACTER RANDOM-STATE READTABLE SPICE

But at the bottom of the output for (room) on the old sun (which works) I get:

53585 pages available
65536 maximum pages

While on the ultrasparc (which doesn't work) I see:

-1025084 pages available
-1047928 maximum pages

I thought this might have something to do with the error -
any suggestions? All help greatly appreciated.

thanks,
usman
·····@nwu.edu
(edit return address for reply)

ps  also, is there any way to return which version of the lisp environment
you're using? (machine-version) and (software-version) only return
information about the operating environment.