From: ········@bayou.uh.edu
Subject: Re: wretched C++ (Was: Ousterhout and Tcl lost the plot with latest paper)
Daniel P Hudson (········@freenet2.afn.org) wrote:

[Snip]

: I don't think people dislike C++ as much as they dislike having to
: learn OOP with it. It really is a GOOD idea to learn SmallTalk or
: anopther small OO language and use ot for an extended period fo time
: before trying complex OO languages like C++, Ada, etc..

The problem with this method is that when people move to C++ after
using something like Smalltalk, they will hate it even more because
they now know what they are missing.  The only time I was remotely
content with C++ was before I knew of the many alternatives out
there; had I known of them, I wouldn't have taken a second look
at C++.

C++ is bad enough as it is, comparing it with other languages makes
it seem even worse.

--
Cya,
Ahmed

Big women -- I like the size
Big women -- flappy thighs
Big women, Big women, Big women fill my eyes!
	"Big Women" by G.B.H.