From: ········@bayou.uh.edu
Subject: Re: C++ briar patch (Was: Object IDs are bad)
Matt Kennel (Remove 'nospam' to reply) (······@nospam.lyapunov.ucsd.edu) wrote:
: On Sun, 11 May 1997 19:14:35 -0700, Dean Roddey <·······@ng.netgate.net> wrote:
: :
: :It doesn't do much good to mention them because you already have
: :convinced yourself that they are stupid but... multiple inheritance,
: :templates, namespaces, inlining, mutable members, typesafe collections
: :via templates, polymorphism, RTTI, strong const usage, and operator
: :overloading come to mind.

: If that's why you like C++, you really must try Eiffel.

Not to mention the fact that Eiffel has other excellent features
like "programming by contract".

: :Dean Roddey
: :The CIDLib Class Libraries

: --
: Matthew B. Kennel/Institute for Nonlinear Science, UCSD/
: Don't blame me, I voted for Emperor Mollari.

--
Cya,
Ahmed

The grass is never greener,
On the other side,
I'll sit right here and frolic in the dirt and gravel
	"Let the Bad Times Roll" by the Vandals