From: Melissa Schilling
Subject: Still have a few contacts left to find...
Coordination Tech.(groupware, 1991-1996)	Nexgen (CPUs,1990-1995)
Miniscribe  (disk drives, 1983-1988)		DEC (LAN, 1992-1996)
Sierra Semiconductor (modem chipset, 1992-1996)
Security First (security software, 1991-1995)
Quarterdeck (web browser, 1992-1995)

**This is NOT a commercial endeavor--this is research towards completion
of my PhD in Strategic Management at the University of Washington**

Hi,

I'm a doctoral student at the University of Washington, scheduled to
graduate this June, however, I direly need your help in getting data for
my dissertation research so that I may graduate on time.  I'm doing my
dissertation research on the technology selection/rejection process, and
need contacts who work/worked at the companies above.  I have a very short
list of questions to ask these people.  The questions are simple scale
questions (1 to 7) and do not require ANY confidential or sensitive
information.  The information could be obtained by public sources except
for the degree of subjectivity inherent in some of the questions.  If you
can help me, or know someone else who can, PLEASE email me as soon as
possible.  I would be extremely grateful, and I would be more than happy
to give you a copy of the completed research results.

Thanks!

Melissa
·····@u.washington.edu