From: Richard Karpinski
Subject: Re: C++ briar patch (Was: Object IDs are bad)
········@Bayou.UH.EDU (········@bayou.uh.edu) writes:

: C is a sophisticated virus that came with the
: Unix operating system and we've been stuck with it ever since.
: These languages have no redeeming virtues and deserve to be ridiculed
: and treated with contempt.

and then in another message:

> Why are you trying to agree with me -- a troll?  Hmmmm?
>
> So is your mouth big enough for 2 feet?
>
> I thank you for selflessly sacrificing your dignity by contradicting
> yourself and providing the easiest target I've had in months.  Now
> if you'll kindly claim that you are a C++ advocate, I'm sure you
> would make an excellent poster child for the cause.

I liked cosc19z5 better a year ago when he limited himself to asking
very basic questions about Scheme and functional programming.

Richard Tanwald  rhu at phoenix dot atticus dot com
From: Alaric B. Williams
On Mon, 12 May 1997 02:35:56 GMT, ·····@netcom.com (Richard Karpinski)
wrote:

>I liked cosc19z5 better a year ago when he limited himself to asking
>very basic questions about Scheme and functional programming.

Why?

>Richard Tanwald  rhu at phoenix dot atticus dot com

ABW

            ##### UNIX IS LAME - EVEN LINUX! #####

(My previous nice signature file was just vapourised by
a Linux kernel crash that ate almost all of my main
partition, so we will have to make do with a boring and
slightly bitter .sig)

Alaric B. Williams, ······@abwillms.demon.co.uk

FUN: http://www.abwillms.demon.co.uk/alaric/wfewad.htm
INTERESTING: http://www.abwillms.demon.co.uk/os/