From: Gunther Schadow
Subject: CLX and GNU Common LISP
I have a problem using CLX on GNU Common LISP (GCL).
I is compiled readyly and the tests seem to work well. The problem comes
when I try to build Garnet: in CLX/image.l there is the function
READ-BITMAP-FILE which fails due to a typing problem. Seems like GCL
type system is buggy: The bitmap is read into a variable named DATA and
it should be of type BUFFER-BYTES. But a DECLARE check does not find it
as such. (TYPE-OF DATA) tells me that it is a simple VECTOR and I am
wondering about its contents....

anybody experienced similar problems? Any CLX/GCL user want to try the
READ-BITMAP-FILE function??

regards
-Gunther

--
Gunther Schadow-----------Windsteiner Weg 54a, Berlin 14165, FR. Germany
Dept. of Anaesthesia, Benjamin Franklin Univerity Hospital, Berlin.