From: Paul Phillips
Subject: Deep Magic: "Uncommon Lisp"
[Followups trimmed to comp.lang.lisp.]

In this week's Deep Magic, Michael Bayne talks about (and provides)
his implementation of a Lisp interpreter in Java.  It's just nifty.

Want to go one better? Be the first to write a Java interpreter in Lisp!
Impress your friends! Astound your enemies!

--
Paul Phillips      | You lose everything, and I lose pens.  -- Ray Greenwell
Cat Juggler        |

From: Pierpaolo Bernardi
Subject: Re: Deep Magic: "Uncommon Lisp"
Paul Phillips (·····@go2net.com) wrote:
: [Followups trimmed to comp.lang.lisp.]

: Want to go one better? Be the first to write a Java interpreter in Lisp!
: Impress your friends! Astound your enemies!

It's in the work.

I'm more interested in being the best than in being the first, though.

Cheers,
Pierpaolo Bernardi.
From: Mark McConnell
Paul Phillips wrote:
> In this week's Deep Magic, Michael Bayne talks about (and provides)
> his implementation of a Lisp interpreter in Java.  It's just nifty.

Could someone post a text-only site for this?  I tried to
visit it, but there were so many frames and fancy things
that my browser crashed.  This was even with images
turned off.
From: Faried Nawaz
Mark McConnell <·······@math.okstate.edu> writes:

   Could someone post a text-only site for this?

Try http://www.go2net.com/internet/deep/1997/03/19/body.html to get
directly to the page.  It has a Java applet on the page, which might
help explain your browser's crash; try turning Java support off.

I found this bit interesting:

[...]

To get a feel for the syntax, here is a little Lisp program:

(setq a 5)
(setq b (+ a 15))
(print "value of b = " b ", value of a = " a);

[...]

One of many "hmm" moments, that.