From: Luca Pisati
Subject: Re: Thin syntax, not parenthesis or prefix
Marco Antoniotti wrote:

> Luca Pisati <········@ix.netcom.com> writes:
>

> > Rainer Joswig wrote:
> > >
> > > In article <······················@bootp-17-17.bootp.virginia.edu>, ""
> > > <·····@Virginia.EDU> wrote:
> >
> > > WITH-    starts the name of a macro that introduces a binding.
> > > DEF      starts the name of a macro that introduces a definition
> > > F        ends a name of a macro that can take part in the place abstraction.
> >
> > Never heard about this ... could you make some example ?
>
> with-open-file, with-output-to-string, with-slots
> defun, defmacro, defpackage, defclass, defwhatever
> setf, rotatef

The one I was not sure was only the F suffix one, but now I see
what you mean.

Apart from these pretty standard (so far) conventions, I've
been very intersted, lately, about naming issues.

Expecially in CLOS related areas, I cannot see any statements
about possible naming conventions for constructors, readers,
slots, "finders" and so on.

In the old days of Flavors, the language itself had conventions
as get- set- self ...

Is there anybody interested in discussing some of these issues ?