From: Jerry Sievers
Subject: string manipulation routines
greetings.  i am using GCL 2.2 and...

does anyone know of a package for simple text processing.  i am trying to
find similar functionality in lisp as perl for tasks like scanning,
substitution, split on regex etc.

i am new to lisp and there does not seem to be builtin support for these
types of tasks.  i have hand coded some of the things i need but feel
others have probably done this (better than me) already.

initial perusal of the FAQs and a few archive sites has not helped.

ps: i have noticed that scheme appears to have what i need (or at least
    similar).  perhaps i should code my project in scheme instead.

						thanks
--
|          Jerry Sievers          Unix Admin/Web Site Architect          |