From: Mike Bongiovi
Subject: Modified variable?
I'm running emacs and was wondering if there's a variable which indicates
whether or not a buffer has been modified.  I'd like to use this to run
a lisp function upon exiting emacs only if the file's been modified.

Thanks,
Mike Bongiovi

From: Hans Kratz
Subject: Re: Modified variable?
Hi Mike!

Try the function buffer-modified-p.

Greetings,

Hans

Mike Bongiovi (········@neuraltech.com) wrote:
> I'm running emacs and was wondering if there's a variable which indicates
> whether or not a buffer has been modified.  I'd like to use this to run
> a lisp function upon exiting emacs only if the file's been modified.

> Thanks,
> Mike Bongiovi

| Hans Kratz ** ····@iss.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de |
| -------------------------------------------- |
| SysAdmin                                     |
| Institut fuer Stroemungslehre                |
| Universitaet Karlsruhe                       |
From: Mike Bongiovi
In article <··········@news1.mnsinc.com>, ········@neuraltech.com says...

>I'm running emacs and was wondering if there's a variable which indicates
>whether or not a buffer has been modified.  I'd like to use this to run
>a lisp function upon exiting emacs only if the file's been modified.
>
>Thanks,
>Mike Bongiovi

Answered my own question.  In case anyone's interested, the function
buffer-modified-p returns a t if the buffer's been changed since it was last
read in.