From: Robert Albert
Subject: Need encryption algorithm
Does anybody have a decent encryption algorithm written in Lisp?  It
doesn't have to be super-duper secure, but it shouldn't be ridiculously
easy either.
--

Robert Albert
Director of Technical Services
From: Mark Greenaway
Subject: Re: Need encryption algorithm
"Robert Albert" <·······@microsolresources.com> writes:

>Does anybody have a decent encryption algorithm written in Lisp?  It
>doesn't have to be super-duper secure, but it shouldn't be ridiculously
>easy either.
>--

Surely it would be trivial to implement a simple version of RSA in LISP.
All of the needed primitives are there for you, so you can create the
program fairly easily. For a book full of good encryption algorithms
(alas, in C), you should check out Bruce Schneier's "Applied Cryptography:
Protocols, Algorithms and Source Code in C". Fabulous book, explains
things very well.

I can mail you some fast exponentiation and inverse-modulus code. The
latter in particular is a good demonstration of the expressiveness of
LISP. We were able to take the equivalent C++ program, which was about 60
lines, and bring it down to about 20 lines. And ours made a lot more
sense, using multiple return values rather than arrays, as in the C++
code.
--
Mark
Certified Waifboy                   And when they come to ethnically cleanse me