From: Super-User
Subject: Re: Proposal for Scheme new type and C interface
> Kind of like the Common Lisp package system.  (My saying that should kill
> that option totally dead in this group!)

Nope. I would like to have this brain-damaged facility just
for compatibility purposes. But with a small extension: recursion.
When implementing an auto documentation facility a couple of
years ago, I found myself craving for the ability for
creating symbols of the form foo:bar::baz:froboz... .
Instead, I had to do a lot of hacking
fiddling with symbols of the form foo:|bar::baz:foboz...|

BTW, I spent last year using ILOG Talk, and I found
the automatic module management facilities really cool,
like a flashback from Eiffel development.

--

Fernando D. Mato Mira   http://ligwww.epfl.ch/matomira.html
R&D Manager             ········@vrai.ch