From: ยทยทยท@orsi.com
Subject: classes vs. lisp primitives
I need some advice.  If I'm implementing intervals, is there any
difference in performance between the following implementations

I.  Write my own constructors and accessors implementing intervals as
dotted pairs.

II.  Using structures and their automatic accessors.

III.  Using classes and the automatic accessors.

The overriding concern is that I do not have many different kinds of
intervals, and intervals do not fit neatly into  my class hierarchy.

I am concerned that approaches II or III might be  overkill if we can
easily implement with pairs.  Approach III does at least let me use the
with-slots macro, which I find easier to read than "let ((a
(left-endpt..." everywhere.