From: Mithran Naiker
Subject: URGENT : Common Lisp
I am a university student trying to get Common Lisp interpreter for the PC
prferably Windows 95. Does anyone know where I can get it.

Thanks in advance

From: David Hanley
Subject: Re: URGENT : Common Lisp
Mithran Naiker wrote:

> I am a university student trying to get Common Lisp interpreter for
> the PC
> prferably Windows 95. Does anyone know where I can get it.
>
> Thanks in advance

 There are two good free ones available:

www.franz.com has one, and www.harlequin.com has another.

Of the two free ones, I prefer the franz one.  As long as you programs
don't
need more than 1MB of heap, you should be ok with it.

dave
From: Fred Haineux
·······@cs.auckland.ac.nz wrote:
|  I am a university student trying to get Common Lisp interpreter for the PC
|  prferably Windows 95. Does anyone know where I can get it.
|
|  Thanks in advance

The comp.lang.lisp FAQs have an entire chapter about "where can I get a
free Lisp for <my computer>?"

You can read the FAQs in the back articles of the newsgroup, or get them
from a FAQ server. Most web browsers have bookmarks for these FAQ servers.
One such server is: <http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/hypertext/faq/usenet/>

By answering simple questions yourself, you increase the chances that
people will be willing to help you with less simple questions later.