From: Stephen Intille
Subject: defsystem
I've been looking around for defsystem code, but everything I've found
is several years old and lacking documentation.

Has a standard for defsystem been established yet? Can someone point
me to the most widely accepted code that can be easily modified to
run on the major lisp systems ... hopefully with at least a few
documented examples?

Thanks for any help.

Stephen
·······@media.mit.edu
From: Marco Antoniotti
Subject: Re: defsystem

   From: Stephen Intille <·······@media.mit.edu>
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp
   Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 23:08:11 -0400

   I've been looking around for defsystem code, but everything I've found
   is several years old and lacking documentation.

   Has a standard for defsystem been established yet? Can someone point
   me to the most widely accepted code that can be easily modified to
   run on the major lisp systems ... hopefully with at least a few
   documented examples?

MK:DEFSYSTEM from the AI repository is my personal favourite.  It runs
on almost *all* the known CL systems and it is very reliable.  A
must.  If you are referring to this package as being "outdated", I
can't help you.  It is still the best thing around.  (Documentation
should be available as well as a CMU TR).

--
Marco Antoniotti
California Path Program - UC Berkeley