From: Graham Hughes
Subject: Free LISP compiler for Linux & Solaris?

From: Vassili Bykov
Subject: Re: Free LISP compiler for Linux & Solaris?
In article <··············@cs.ucsb.edu>,
  Graham Hughes <·······@cs.ucsb.edu> wrote:
> [...]
> OTOH, I'm not really sure where to look.  I have GNU CL on my machine
> at the moment, but after it barfed on the ANSI loop macro I'm looking
> for something else.

There is LOOP for GNU CL on Raymond Toy's site
<http://www.mindspring.com/~rtoy/software/gcl/index.html>
Defpackage is there, too.

> I'd love to use CMU CL, but I can't find the Linux version anywhere.
> Pointers, anyone?

ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/devel/lang/lisp/
(all CMUCL*)

--Vassili

From: Bulent Murtezaoglu
Graham Hughes <·······@cs.ucsb.edu> writes:
(see subject)

I use Allegro Common Lisp on both SunOS/Solaris and Linux.
The Solaris version costs real money and the Linux version is FREE
(no CLIM on Linux tho).  It's solid on both platforms, behaved
the same for me (I had to modify your C flags in my makefiles for
foreign function code but that was it).  See http://www.franz.com/ to see
how you can get it.

CMUCL is also available for Linux and Solaris.
as of April it worked but I didn't do any real work on it.
I did benchmark it on Linux/PPro though and it appeared fast enough
when it didn't garbage collect.  Apparently there've been two more
releases after I checked it out.  It has a good/helpful optimizing
compiler and I'd keep it in mind if you need fast code.
http://www.cons.org/cmucl/ is where I get it from.

BM