From: R. Jeff Morriss
Subject: pipes/streams to subprocesses in GCL 2.1?
Hello world...

Anyone know how to start and then read/write from/to another process
in GCL (V2.1)?  It's pretty easy in Liquid (Lucid) LISP ('run-program' can
return a bi-directional stream to the new process), but I need a
non-commercial LISP (and GCL is the only one that I've gotten the rest
of my project here to run in!).

Other notes:  I'm using GCL 2.1 under Solaris 2.5.1 and SunOS 4.1.3...  I
also need to run my project under Linux (RH4.2) using GCL 2.2 (I haven't
for the life of me been able to compile GCL 2.2 under the SunOS's!).

Jeff

ps.  Please Cc: any responses to me as our news service here is often flakey!

--
Robert Jeffrey Morriss (Jeff)     CIS Major; Psyc Minor; AI/NLP Research;
·······@pobox.com                 University of Delaware (Newark, DE; USA)