From: Anonymous
Subject: CMUCL v18
I took a peek at ftp://ftp2.cons.org/pub/languages/lisp/cmucl
the new home of the cmu project, and didn't find any binaries
for HP (hpux 9.*, 10.*) machines.
Is an HP release planned?
Is the source code compilation straight-forward, or ports are
needed?
--
White Cloud.

Anonymity is used to defeat those (damn) address grabbers.
From: Martin Cracauer
Subject: Re: CMUCL v18
······@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous) writes:

>I took a peek at ftp://ftp2.cons.org/pub/languages/lisp/cmucl
>the new home of the cmu project, and didn't find any binaries
>for HP (hpux 9.*, 10.*) machines.

We don't have an official 18 release yet, these are prerelease
snapshots.

The official homepage is http://www.cons.org/cmucl, BTW.

>Is an HP release planned?

Yes, but we lack a machine to build binaries. If someone is in the
position to provide an account on a HPUX machine, please contact
me (or anyone else from the maintainers you might prefer).

>Is the source code compilation straight-forward, or ports are
>needed?

It is seriously difficult to compile current sources on 17f. Even more
so on HPUX, a platform most people maintaining CMUCL don't have
experience with (although the main problem isn't the platform, but
bootstrapping the changed compiler).

Martin
--
%%%%%%%% ···············@wavehh.hanse.de http://cracauer.cons.org %%%%%%%%%%%