From: Aaron Sloman See text for reply address
Subject: graphical extensions to pop11 etc in Poplog
[Posted to comp.lang.pop,comp.lang.prolog,comp.lang.lisp
usenet. I apologise for the bogus email address above, to
defeat bulk email advertisers. My reply address is at the end.]

RCLIB NEWS

I have just completed further major extensions to the RCLIB package
extending the Poplog "relative coordinates' graphical facilities.

The new extensions build on the previous mechanisms and now provide,
among other things, powerful and flexible mechanisms for building
automatically formatted control panels with various kinds of buttons,
text fields, sliders (not only horizontal and vertical), movable
graphical objects, etc.

It is also possible to "link" movable picture objects to pictures in
different windows, so that an object moved in one window (by mouse or
program) automatically also moves appropriately in the others (e.g.
showing motion of one individual in different sorts of maps of the same
terrain).

The programs are all written in Pop-11 making use of the Poplog
graphical X widget set and the object oriented extension to Pop-11
(Objectclass). Within the Poplog environment they can therefore be
invoked by Prolog, Common Lisp or ML.

The package includes extensive documentation and lots of tutorial
examples.

The programs can be used in conjunction with most of the standard Pop-11
rc_graphic facilities, including rc_graphplot, and the rc_array
mechanism in David Young's popvision library available from the Sussex
Poplog ftp directory.

The whole RCLIB collection consisting of Pop-11 sources and
documentation can be obtained freely from the Poplog ftp directory at
Birmingham

    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/

There is a gzipped tar file rctar.gz which contains everything. The
files can also be browsed online in the rclib sub-directory
    ftp://ftp.cs.bham.ac.uk/pub/dist/poplog/rclib/

There is a README file for the main poplog directory and another one for
the rclib subdirectory.

The documentation is in plain text files in the rclib/help/ and
rclib/teach/ subdirectories.

The code is in the rclib/lib/ and rclib/auto/ subdirectories and there
are additional demonstrations in rclib/demo/

The programs cannot be run without Poplog, which is available from
Integral Solutions Ltd. See http://www.isl.co.uk/

Poplog runs on Suns, Digital Alphas with digital unix, VAX and Alpha
VMS, HP unix, SGI unix machines, and there is a version for Linux.

It includes pop11, prolog, common lisp and ML.

My RCLIB programs have been tested only under SunOS and Solaris,
and Digital Unix on DEC Alphastations, but usually Poplog Pop-11
programs are portable to other versions of Poplog.

Note to Sussex users: the tar file has been copied to rsunx as
    ~aarons/rctar.gz
and is available in ~aarons/rclib. Load ~aarons/rclib/rclib.p to make
everything work.

Aaron
====
--