From: Justin Peterson
Subject: Distributed Computing Environment (DCE) and LISP
Using Allegro 4.3 on HP UNIX 10.10, I have written a server in lisp that
communicates with its clients via DCE RPC calls.  Of course, this
requires that I build the lisp image with the DCE library.

Unfortunately, intermittent errors occur on startup (i.e., before
my initialization function is executed).  Errors occur about
10% of the time.  The two most frequent errors are

An unhandled error occurred during initialization:
Recursive loop in finalize-inheritance
#<STANDARD-CLASS SYNCHRONOUS-OPERATING-SYSTEM-SIGNAL>

and

An unhandled error occurred during initialization:
Received signal number 4 (Illegal instruction)

When I take out the DCE calls, errors occur.  When I take out the DCE
library, no errors occur.

Given that I am preparing to write a number of clients and servers
using lisp, I would like to build a Lisp/C/DCE images (i.e.,
two executable/processes per client/server would be a serious drag).

Has anyone experienced these sorts of errors?
Has anyone attempted to integrate Lisp and DCE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.