From: Simon Brooke
Subject: After CLING: CL Interface to Postgres?
I'm working on a project which requires high-speed, real-time
reasoning over material held in an SQL database, currently using
Postgres 95 as the DBMS. I need to be able to get data out of (and
back into) the database quickly and efficiently. Ideally I'd like to
be able to consider query results as sequences which which I could
manipulate with at least the simplest sequence functions.

I can remember that years ago there was something knocking around the
archives called 'CLING' -- the Common LISP interface to Ingres,
although whether it worked with University Ingres or commercial Ingres
I can't remember. I don't know whether this did what I want, and I
can't now find it in the repositories.

So what I want to know is:
    (i) Does anyone have a working CL interface to Postgres
	(CMU or Franz Allegro preferred).
Failing that:
    (ii) Does anyone have a generic SQL database interface for CL
	that I could hack? Again, CMU or Allegro preferred.

Failing that:
    (iii) Does anyone have a copy of CLING that I could look at?

--
·····@intelligent.co.uk (Simon Brooke) http://www.intelligent.co.uk/~simon

	to err is human, to lisp divine
				 ;; attributed to Kim Philby, oddly enough.