From: DataETRsch
Subject: Universal Data Cryptography Module V2.0
Hello,

Greetings! I am Jeremy K. Yu-Ramos, president of DataET Research, Data
Engineering Technologies. I am sending you this message to let you know
that DataET Research has recently initiated the distribution of UDCM,
Universal Data Cryptography Module. UDCM implements a revolutionarily new,
extremely advanced and sophisticated, digital data encryption algorithm
named IMDMP, Integrated Mathematical Data Manipulation and Positioning.

UDCM (the IMDMP algorithm)...

o Is a royalty-free Windows DLL module featuring advanced cryptography.
o Contains more than 140 procedures and functions.
o Is a very cost-effective size of only 60 kilobytes.
o Implements the IMDMP encryption algorithm.
o Allows encryption keys as large as 2048 bits.
o Includes 18 sub-algorithms.
o Processes all forms of binary and ASCII files.
o Allows multiple encryption layer levels.
o Has absolutely no back-doors or magical keys.
o Includes time and date locking features.
o Includes file specific unique encryption features.
o Includes file authentication guard features.
o Includes digital signaturing capabilities.
o Implements the public key cryptosystem method of security.
o Includes data importance and sensitivity stamping features.

UDCM, being a Windows DLL module, can be accessed through programs
developed with popular application and database programming languages and
environments such as: C, C++, Visual Basic, PowerBuilder, Delphi, OOP
Pascal, Turbo Pascal, dBase, Paradox, Access, Sybase, Oracle, etc.

DataET Research has released a shareware version of UDCM named UDCM V2.0.

To download UDCM V2.0 for free, please go to:
http://members.aol.com/dataetrsch/udcm.html.

I hope you will consider applying UDCM in the software you develop.
Thank-you very much for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeremy K.Yu-Ramos
President
From: Jens Kilian
Subject: Re: Universal Data Cryptography Module V2.0
DataETRsch (··········@aol.com) wrote:
> UDCM implements a revolutionarily new,
> extremely advanced and sophisticated, digital data encryption algorithm
> named IMDMP, Integrated Mathematical Data Manipulation and Positioning.

OK, where's the specification of this algorithm, so we can evaluate its
security?

> UDCM (the IMDMP algorithm)...

[...]
> o Allows encryption keys as large as 2048 bits.

Which says *nothing* about its security.  For all we know, it could be
a simple stream cipher with periodic key.

[...]
> o Has absolutely no back-doors or magical keys.

I should hope so.  But is it *secure*?

[...]
> o Implements the public key cryptosystem method of security.

Now you're getting somewhere.  RSA, is it?  I hope you've paid your licensing
fees, then.

Guess I'll stick with PGP.

	Jens.

[Followups to sci.crypt]
--
Internet:  ···········@bbn.hp.com  Phone: +49-7031-14-7698 (TELNET 778-7698)
MausNet:   [currently offline]     Fax:   +49-7031-14-7351