From: Colin Lee
Subject: Configuring Emacs for Common Lisp and C
I was wondering if anybody had any good configuration files for use
with editing Common Lisp and/or C programs?  In particular, I'm
interested in color setups and use with external
interpreters/compilers.  Is it possible to make brackets appear in a
different color than the rest of the code?

Thanks in advance!
From: Marty Hall
Subject: Re: Configuring Emacs for Common Lisp and C
ยทยทยทยท@interlog.com (Colin Lee) writes:

> I was wondering if anybody had any good configuration files for use
> with editing Common Lisp and/or C programs?  In particular, I'm
> interested in color setups and use with external
> interpreters/compilers.  Is it possible to make brackets appear in a
> different color than the rest of the code?

If you are willing to dig a little, see
<http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/emacs/>

This sets up editing modes (including paren/bracket blinking and
font/color highlighting) for Common Lisp (including ILISP and the
Allegro fi stuff), Emacs-Lisp, C, C++, Java, Prolog, Dylan, and
HTML. dot-emacs is a symbolic link to my .emacs, and the rest of the
files are loaded from there. customize-languages.el is probably the
next file to look at.

Unfortunately, however, I stopped maintaining both the GNU Emacs and
Xemacs versions about a year or so ago, so the most recent things
(Java mode, HTML mode) may need tweaks to run on GNU emacs.

						- Marty

Lisp Resources: <http://www.apl.jhu.edu/~hall/lisp.html>