From: Heiko Groftschik
Subject: Writing a LISP-Interpreter
Hi,

I'm have problems writing a LISP-Interpreter, because I do not know the
correct syntax and the whole amount of commands.

Can anyone point me to an adress, or suggest a book I should buy!

Thanks in advance!
From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Writing a LISP-Interpreter
In article <·············@informatik.uni-koblenz.de>,
·····@informatik.uni-koblenz.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm have problems writing a LISP-Interpreter, because I do not know the
> correct syntax and the whole amount of commands.
>
> Can anyone point me to an adress, or suggest a book I should buy!
>
> Thanks in advance!

Abelson/Sussman/Sussman
  Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs, Second Edition
  See: http://www-mitpress.mit.edu/mitp/recent-books/comp/abesh2.html
  A German version is available.
  *Everybody* needs this book.

Christian Queinnec
  Lisp in Small Pieces
  See: ftp://ftp.inria.fr/INRIA/Projects/icsla/WWW/LiSP.html

Paul Wilson
  An Introduction to Scheme and its Implementation.
  Read it at:
ftp://ftp.cs.utexas.edu/pub/garbage/cs345/schintro-v11/schintro_toc.html

Make sure that you know that there are already 100+ implementations
of Lisp interpreters and compilers. Many of them are available
on the Internet in source and some of them represent the work of many
man years, written by experts.

Greetings,

Rainer Joswig