From: Angela Hicks
Subject: Placement of AI/Expert Systems Graduates and Professionals
Hi,My name is Dave Staats. I am a Certified Personnel Consultant with 11
years experience,the last 7 of which have been in AI/Expert systems.If
you are already in contact with me or if you are one of my clients
please disregard this message.Below, you will find some information
about some of my current openings. These are real positions open now and
they are also representative of my on-going needs so you may want to
save this for future reference if you are not open to new possibilities
currently. All positions require at least a BS and 2 years or A Master's
in AI or CS and some experience. You must have the legal right to work
in the U.S. and Defense positions require citizenship.Please pass this
information to anyone you know who is open to exploring new
opportunities. My goal is simply to make good matches that will leave
both the client and candidate in better shape than they were before we
started.
HERE ARE THE POSITIONS:
1) A major Expert System provider is looking for a manager of Technical
Support and Training. Need management experience and familiarity with AI
principles,a thorough understanding of Windows or UNIX platforms,RDBMS
background,excellent communication skills and some familiarity with
OOP. This one is around the S.F. Bay area.
2)L.A.area financial services company needs a Sr. K.E. to work on new
components of an existing expert system.Ideal candidate has from 2 to 5
years experience and lives in L.A. already or would be a relatively
inexpensive relo.THIS company will not provide visa support.Perm.Res. or
U.S. citizens needed.
3) All levels of consultants needed for AI/Expert Systems services
companies. I have two clients who have needs almost all over the country
for people who will travel up to 5 days a week. Always home on weekends
and it usually does not amount to 100% but must be ready for it.Areas
like NYC and Boston have less travel due to concentration of
clientele.This work involves development of new expert systems at the
client site. Engagements range from a month or so to years. These
companies are both experiencing explosive growth.
4) Major defense company needs members of technical staff to work on
Research and Development projects with heavy emphasis on practical
development. Work on two or three different projects at once in this
semi school-like atmosphere. Nice surroundings, great colleagues. Even
the V.P. who runs the whole operation has a background in AI.I have
worked with these people for ten years and they have been very stable
through all the industry changes. This requires ability to receive at
least a secret clearance.This one's out east.
NOW,If you have seen anything you like or had this passed to you from a
friend,the easiest way to handle it is for you to send me an ascii
version of your resume which will be for my eyes only unless you say
otherwise. If you are more comfortable talking first then give me a
call.
Please post this anywhere it will do some good. Those few of you who do
not like this sort of thing don't worry,I don't do it very often. Thanks
for your patience. Sincerely,Dave.

REPLY TO: ·······@southwestern.com (ahicks is my research assistant!)
1-800-533-7977 ext.1-2724 Generally available 8 to 5 CST
http://www.southwestern.com/profservices.html