From: Sascha Ziemann
Subject: Re: Why lisp failed in the marketplace
Sin-Yaw Wang wrote:

> Because (and this is my opinion, not a fact) it is NOT productive to the
> majority of the software engineers out there.  For the elite group of
> very bright, it is often the language of choice.  For the rest 90%, who
> managers need to hire, train, grow, and pamper, it is NOT more
> productive.

> Of course, if you have 4 bright engineers who all love Lisp, you are a
> lucky manager.  I envy you.

You don't need to be "bright". The problem is that many people don't
head about Scheme, because they learn allways C-like languages: C, C++,
Perl, Python, etc... So they are very familiar to the C-like style of
programming. Thats the reason why a Scheme project is often less
productiv. It is as less productiv as an C-project would be at the
beginning of their programming career.

-- bis sp�ter...
 - Sascha         ---<~>=( http://www.ping.de/sites/aibon/ )=<~>---

   () Free speech online