From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Why lisp failed in the marketplace
In article <··········@Masala.CC.UH.EDU>, ········@Bayou.UH.EDU
(········@bayou.uh.edu) wrote:

> The best IDE I've seen, VC++ 4.0, couldn't even come close
> to matching the productivity of Lisp running in a generic
> text editor like Edit simply because when all was said and
> done I was *STILL* programming in C++.

I'm biased. But Macintosh Common Lisp has a ***nice***
programming environment and with the work of Digitool
and their users things will improve a lot.

Also from an IDE point of view, I won't forget LispWorks.
LispWorks has some very nice graphical tools. AND ---
--- it will be released on Windows NT (this year I hope).

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/
From: Cyber Surfer
With a mighty <·································@news.lavielle.com>,
······@lavielle.com wibbled into the void...

> Also from an IDE point of view, I won't forget LispWorks.
> LispWorks has some very nice graphical tools. AND ---
> --- it will be released on Windows NT (this year I hope).

I hope so, too. I'll welcome any Lisp for Win32, whatever it's
capabilities, status, etc. More choices are good.
--
<URL:http://www.wildcard.demon.co.uk/> You can never browse enough
  Martin Rodgers | Developer and Information Broker | London, UK