From: Martin Cracauer
Subject: Re: Why lisp failed in the marketplace
·······@engr.sgi.com (Mike McDonald) writes:

>  Anyway, that's history and it's too late to do much about it now. The real
>question now is can anything be done to increase the acceptance of Lisp as a
>viable programming solution? I'm rather pessimistic about it. Heck, GUI's have
>been a requirement for any serious developement and delivery environment for at
>least eight years. Lisp still doesn't have a viable and convincing answer to
>that part.

Well, CLIM is an excellet answer to some real requirements GUI
programms have. CLIM is the GUI toolkit that can adapt a given
application to the widest range of different environments with the
fewest application change demands.

But it has availiablity problems, to say at least.

Martin
--
···············@wavehh.hanse.de http://cracauer.cons.org  Fax.: +4940 5228536