From: Simon Brooke
Subject: Speaking of the devil... (was re: Comments in LISP)
Richard Barber wrote:

> Your wrote:
> > Richard Barbour's (Procyon
> > Common LISP) solution of holding the comment structure on the
> > property-list of the function symbol was an interesting
>
> Simon,
>
> Procyon CL, and hence Allegro CL/PC, has a full struture editor and full
> support for retaining comments in code.  You bind a variable *READ-SOURCE*
> to preserve comments and other read macros.  You can then call READ-CANONIZE
> to convert the form into pure Lisp that can be evaluated. Procyon CL does
> not have the a system like Cambridge Lisp's FF to map definitions in memory
> out to source files.
>
> Could you post this onto comp.lang.lisp for me?

Well, Hi, Richard! I just this morning posted to comp.lang.lisp asking
did anyone know what you were doing these days... Yes, of course I will.
So Franz' windows product is actually yours? *very* interesting...

Oh, and apologies for spelling your name wrong.

--
·····@intelligent.co.uk (Simon Brooke)
http://www.intelligent.co.uk/~simon