From: Koivisto Hannu
Subject: Common Lisp w/CLOS for Win32?
Greetings,

I recently became interested in Common Lisp and CLOS and thus
decided to get some CL system for Win32. I got Allegro, but it
didn't have console version and was otherwise a bit clumsy too
so I tried to find someting else. Well, CLiCC seemed to be nice
and I started compiling it for Win32 and even succeeded to get
all C runtime libs easily but as the compiler itself was written
in Lisp I needed some other CL system to compile it with itself.

Trouble. No single working CL for Win32. Newlisp looked nice;
tight little core and console and GUI interfaces on top of that
but too non-standard. Allegro (or me) failed to do anything with
CLiCC compiler(loots of errors). Then I found something else
that looked nice. clisp. I spent couple of hours trying to
compile it under Win32 but no luck. I do have ported some other
Unix software like wget and make 3.74 to Win32 so I have some
experience but clisp was quite horrible case :)

Is there any working, compiled CL for Win32 that I can use
to compile CLiCC compiler? CL looks like a nice thing but
it's worthless if there's no reasonable tools(like there is,
for example, for Python, another language that I like).
If CLiCC turns out to be disappointment, then again I need some
other one. Thread and socket support would be nice and versions
for at least Win32 and UNIX. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

--
Hannu Koivisto     | What you see is all you get.
Prime jee          |                            - Brian Kernighan