From: Bela Pecsek
Subject: Problem with CMUCL for Linux.
Dear lisp users,

I'm not sure if this is the proper newsgroup or one of the Linux ones
would be better, but I have to start somewhere.

I've just downloaded the CMUCL package for Linux from Sunsite and I'am
having some problems running it.

When I start it up it gives the following output.

[····@home bela]$ lisp
Validating memory ... done.
Mapping 4222976 bytes at 0x1000000.
Mapping 6516736 bytes at 0x5000000.
lisp: can't resolve symbol 'lstat'
[····@home bela]$

However, if I change the lisp.core image to kernel.core it seems to be
ok.

[····@home bela]$ lisp
Validating memory ... done.
Mapping 4096 bytes at 0x1000000.
Mapping 2957312 bytes at 0x5000000.
Mapping 1863680 bytes at 0x9000000.
In initial-function, and running.
GLOBALDB-INIT
FDEFN-INIT
TYPEDEF-INIT
CLASS-INIT
TYPE-INIT
Calling top-level forms.
OS-INIT
FILESYS-INIT
READER-INIT
STREAM-INIT
LOADER-INIT
PACKAGE-INIT
SIGNAL-INIT
PROCLAIM-INIT
CLASS-FINALIZE
Done initializing.

CMU Common Lisp kernel core image 4.0(?).
[You are in the LISP package.]
*

However, I can't do much with it, because it will not load the config
file.
* (load-file "config.lisp")

Error in function EVAL:INTERNAL-EVAL:
   Attempt to evaluation a complex expression:
     (LOAD-FILE "config.lisp")
This expression must be compiled, but the compiler is not loaded.

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to Top-Level.

Debug  (type H for help)

(EVAL:INTERNAL-EVAL (LOAD-FILE "config.lisp"))
0] 0

*

No compiler and I can't load packages either.

If somebody out there knows what's going on would you please let me
know.

I would prefere to get your help by mail to ···········@lighting.ge.com
or ·····@elender.hu if it's possible.

Yours,