From: Marc Mertens
Subject: Lisp-debug Version 0.6 released
A new version of my LISP debugger is uploaded to sunsite
( http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/Incoming ). Although it
works very wel on my LISP systems please be aware that the
code is still beta , If you find any please report it to my email
adress . Part of the readme follows.

Marc Mertens
·········@akam.be
········@akam.be

1. What is LISP DEBUG.
======================

LISP DEBUG is a lisp source debugger , designed to work with GCL (GNU
COMMON LISP)
and CMUCL (Both must use TCL/TK).
LISP DEBUG has the following functionality :
 - Graphical interface.
 - Breakpoints (conditional or not) can be set using point and click in
the
   source.
 - Watchpoints on variables can be set using point and click.
 - You can step through your code.
 - Profiling of code is possible.
 - Highlighting of executing code.
LISP DEBUG is developped and tested with the following code :
 - GCL-2.2 , GCL-2.2.2 using the TCL/TK extensions.
 - CMUCL 18b using TCL/TK extensions. Make sure you have the correct
version of CMUCL , some of
          the functions I use caused a core dump in previous versions.
 - TCL 7.6 or higher , TK 4.2 or higher.
 - I'm only able to test LISP DEBUG on my 'linux' system but because it
is fully implemented in lisp
   it should work on other platforms as well.

2. DIFFERENCES WITH THE 0.5 RELEASE
===================================

2.1 Fixed numerous bugs from the 0.6 release.
2.2 Added support for CMUCL , LISP DEBUG will now work with GCL 2.2 and
CMUCL.
2.3 Added support for features ( #+ and #- constructs)
2.4 Added support for WITH- forms.
2.5 Improved macro support (handling of macros in 0.5 was wrong)
2.6 Better evaluation support for watching and eval (will not crash the
debugger
    anymore).
2.7 Changed watch point interface , it only works now for variables but
is
    simpler to use.
2.8 Added support for CLOS.

Marc Mertens