From: ···········@compuserve.com
Subject: some clear examples for FFI call to a Windows api function in Franz Allegro for Windows
  Dear Everyone, i have just bought a compy of Franz's Allegro common
Lisp and to my sad surprise there were no examples of how to use their so
called FFI (foreign function interface...as their PC-support team seems
to be populated by very polite but very inefficient robots, i am
wondering if anyone in this newsgroup could send me some code examples of
how to make various FFI calls to Windows API functions from within
allegro...  Best regards.  Etienne Delacroix

From: ·······@ibm.net
···········@compuserve.com wrote:

>   Dear Everyone, i have just bought a compy of Franz's Allegro common
> Lisp and to my sad surprise there were no examples of how to use their so
> called FFI (foreign function interface...as their PC-support team seems
> to be populated by very polite but very inefficient robots, i am
> wondering if anyone in this newsgroup could send me some code examples of
> how to make various FFI calls to Windows API functions from within
> allegro...  Best regards.  Etienne Delacroix

>       http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

Hi,

There ARE examples for FFI in Allegro\Ex (incl. callback, supplemented
by useful
remarks) for the 3.0.2 version. Have you looked at them?

I do not know if there are examples for 4.3.2 for Windows NT, as the
focus
was on the appropriate metaphors rather than the details.

Some of the freely available software may contain FFI examples as well.

Regards,
Robert Monfera