From: Tiko
Subject: What does it mean
Hi!

Can anybody explain me the meaning of words
record, ignore and flet.

Thanks

From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: What does it mean
In article <···························@tikko-s>, Tiko <····@aip.mk.ua> wrote:
>Can anybody explain me the meaning of words
>record, ignore and flet.

RECORD doesn't exist in any version of Lisp I'm familiar with.

IGNORE is a declaration you can use to keep a Lisp implementation from
warning you about a parameter that isn't used anywhere in the function.
This usually occurs when a function is part of a family of functions that
all take the same parameters, but some of them don't need to use all of
them.

FLET is a special form used for defining local functions.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
Support the anti-spam movement; see <http://www.cauce.org/>
From: Rainer Joswig
Barry Margolin wrote:

> In article <···························@tikko-s>, Tiko <····@aip.mk.ua> wrote:
> >Can anybody explain me the meaning of words
> >record, ignore and flet.
>
> RECORD doesn't exist in any version of Lisp I'm familiar with.

RECORDs are exiting in Macintosh Common Lisp.
They are low level C/Pascal-like datastructures
defined by DEFRECORD.
From: Kent M Pitman
Rainer Joswig <······@lavielle.com> writes:

> Barry Margolin wrote:
> >
> > In article <···························@tikko-s>, Tiko <····@aip.mk.ua> wrote:
> > >Can anybody explain me the meaning of words
> > >record, ignore and flet.
> >
> > RECORD doesn't exist in any version of Lisp I'm familiar with.
>
> RECORDs are exiting in Macintosh Common Lisp.
              ^^^^^^^
heh.  "existing"? ... don't mean to nitpick about spelling but this was
very confusing for me to read until I figured out it was probably a typo. :-)

From: Rainer Joswig
In article <···············@world.std.com>, Kent M Pitman
<······@world.std.com> wrote:

> heh.  "existing"? ... don't mean to nitpick about spelling but this was
> very confusing for me to read until I figured out it was probably a typo. :-)

Sorry about that. "existing" is right. There you see, I'm
not a native speaker.

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/
From: Georg Bauer
Kent M Pitman <······@world.std.com> wrote:

> figured out it was probably a typo.

Hmm. If you need them, they might be exciting, too :-)

bye, Georg