From: William Paul Vrotney
Subject: Emacs indenting FLET, LABELS
Has anyone come up with a method of indenting FLET and LABELS properly in a
Common Lisp expression in Emacs?

** Please note that I know about (put symbol 'lisp-indent-hook 1).  I am
concerned about the proper indentation of the FLET's *sub-define* forms.

One obvious kludge is to create a function to search the expression for FLET
and insert "def" in the cars of every element of the second argument, do the
indent, then go back and erase the "def"s.  I've never mustered enough
motivation to implement this kludge.

Thanks.
--

William P. Vrotney - ·······@netcom.com
From: William Paul Vrotney
Subject: Re: Emacs indenting FLET, LABELS
In article <·················@netcom.com> ·······@netcom.com (William Paul Vrotney) writes:

>   Has anyone come up with a method of indenting FLET and LABELS properly in a
>   Common Lisp expression in Emacs?
>
>   ** Please note that I know about (put symbol 'lisp-indent-hook 1).  I am
>   concerned about the proper indentation of the FLET's *sub-define* forms.

Thanks to Tim Bradshaw an easy solution is (assuming use of
'lisp-indent-hook):

        (load "cl-indent")
        (setq lisp-indent-function 'common-lisp-indent-function)
        ; And replace occurrences of puts to 'lisp-indent-hook with
        ; puts to 'common-lisp-indent-function in your Lisp shell code

Once again, this only applies if one was using the 'lisp-indent-hook
feature.

--

William P. Vrotney - ·······@netcom.com