From: Kelly Horstmann
Subject: need help!
I am doing a lisp execise to write a lisp function. That function will
take an
object a and a vector u, and returns a list of all objects that
immediately precede "a" in "v. And the returned list can't have repeated

elements.

eg.

>pre_list(#\a,"abdacrdaeaefa")
D E F
>pre_list(#\a,"xyazuvayayaxa")
Y V X

If you guys know how to do it, just let me know. Thanks!

Kelly

From: Preferred Customer
Subject: Re: need help!
Hey, what is it with all these homework questions on the newsgroup?  I'm a
CS student, and I do all my
own homework, and so should everyone else.  It's one thing to go on a
newsgroup and ask for HELP on a problem, but it's quite another thing to
ask people to show you how to do it.  Why not post some things you've tried
that didn't work so people can show you where you went wrong, rather than
just asking for a solution?  The idea is to LEARN, isn't it?  That's what I
always thought.  This isn't even a difficult problem.  So come on now--be
fair.

Kelly Horstmann <···········@hotmail.com> wrote in article
<·················@hotmail.com>...

From: Michael Tuchman
In article <··························@jgrewal1>,
  "Preferred Customer" <········@erols.com> wrote:

> Hey, what is it with all these homework questions on the newsgroup?  I'm a
> CS student, and I do all my
> own homework, and so should everyone else.  It's one thing to go on a
> newsgroup and ask for HELP on a problem, but it's quite another thing to
> ask people to show you how to do it.  Why not post some things you've tried
> that didn't work so people can show you where you went wrong, rather than
> just asking for a solution?  The idea is to LEARN, isn't it?  That's what I
> always thought.  This isn't even a difficult problem.  So come on now--be
> fair.

Well expressed!  I would like to add my .02 which is that if people keep
posting homework queries here, some of us will filter out message with
"please help" in them.	IMO if it comes to that, that would be a big loss
for those legitimately needing help.

From: Christopher Oliver
Kelly Horstmann <···········@hotmail.com> wrote:
: I am doing a lisp execise to write a lisp function. That function will
: take an...

Homework again... grumble grumble!

--
Christopher Oliver, Digital washrag