From: Andrew J King
Subject: LISP & tcl/tk
Hi everyone,

I am trying to determine HOW to connect a tcl/tk script with a LISP
listener...

Why? I'd like to be able to develop a nice interface in tcl/tk ('cos
CLIM doesn't look so hot and tcl/tk is portable between Solaris and PC)
and have it send information to the software "engine" written in LISP.

Sound easy? Been there and done that?  Please take a moment to let me
know how or point me in the right direction (books, URL's...)

Please reply via mail, it get's my attention better than news postings
:)

Thanks in advance,

Andrew J. King.
comp. sci. student
Canterbury University
Christchurch
New Zealand
From: Marc Mertens
Subject: Re: LISP & tcl/tk
Andrew J King wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I am trying to determine HOW to connect a tcl/tk script with a LISP
> listener...
>
> Why? I'd like to be able to develop a nice interface in tcl/tk ('cos
> CLIM doesn't look so hot and tcl/tk is portable between Solaris and PC)
> and have it send information to the software "engine" written in LISP.

  Look at the code of GCL (ftp.cli.com) and CMUCL
(http://cvs2.cons.org:8000) in both of these free lists a port has been
done and the code is freely available.

Hopes this helps.

Marc Mertens