From: David Tillman
Subject: LISP email list
    *  lisp-list: LISP Email Discussion List MiniFaq  *
    04. Where do I send messages to the list?
    05. What is on topic?
    06. What is off topic?
    07. Is there a digest version?
    08. Can I send to the list from a different address than subscribed?
    09. Can I get a list of subscribers to the list.
    10. Who do I blame?
    11. How do I irritate other subscribers on the list?

    01. What is it?

    The LISP discussion list (lisp-list) is intended for
    the purpose of discussing LISP (common and otherwise)
    syntax, history, and development. Of course, that is
    rather obvious from the name of the list. It has
    *nothing* to do with speech impairment.

    02. How do I subscribe?

    Send mail to:

        ·················@cannonexpress.com

    with nothing in the body of the message except the word:

        subscribe

    03. How do I unsubscribe?

    Send mail to:

        ·················@cannonexpress.com

    with nothing in the body of the message except the word:

        unsubscribe

    04. Where do I send messages to the list?

    ·········@cannonexpress.com

    05. What is on topic?

    CLISP, GCL, Guile, Scheme, ACL, CMUCL, etc.

    06. What is off topic?

    Politics
    MFC
    DOS internals
    Windows internals

    07. Is there a digest version?

    Yes. Send mail to ···················@cannonexpress.com with the same
    commands as #02 and #03.

    08. Can I send to the list from a different address than subscribed?

    No.

    09. Can I get a list of subscribers to the list.

    No.

    10. Who do I blame?

    Send complaints/problems to ········@cannonexpress.com.

    11. How do I irritate other subscribers on the list?

    Send unrequested binaries.
    Send <blink>embedded</blink> html.
    Send winmail.dat attachments.
    Use 12 line sigs. (unless they slam Microsoft)
    Quote 50 lines of the previous thread and add 2 lines.
    Send the same message 10 times because "you're not sure if it went".
    Send subscribe/unsubscribe messages to the list address.

    *                That's all folks!                    *

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: LISP email list
In article <··············@palantir.cannonexpress.com>, David Tillman
<········@palantir.cannonexpress.com> wrote:

>     01. What is it?

01 a. Why would I be on this list?

>     06. What is off topic?
>
>     Politics
>     MFC
>     DOS internals
>     Windows internals

Any specific reason not to mention "MacOS" internals,
"Solaris" internals, "LispOS" internals in this list?

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/
From: David Tillman

> In article <··············@palantir.cannonexpress.com>, David Tillman
> <········@palantir.cannonexpress.com> wrote:
>
> >     01. What is it?
>
> 01 a. Why would I be on this list?

    Who can define the motives of any human? As for me, I like
    discussions that have a faster propagation time than usenet.
    Also, I have a lousy newsfeed.

> >     06. What is off topic?
> >
> >     Politics
> >     MFC
> >     DOS internals
> >     Windows internals
>
> Any specific reason not to mention "MacOS" internals,
> "Solaris" internals, "LispOS" internals in this list?

    I copied this from one of my other lists. Perhaps I should
    revise it to read "OS internals". My reason being that this
    is not the place to fight OS wars.

--
David Tillman                           :  ········@cannonexpress.com
LISP email list                         :  ·················@cannonexpress.com
From: Bruce Tobin
Rainer Joswig wrote:

> In article <··············@palantir.cannonexpress.com>, David Tillman
> <········@palantir.cannonexpress.com> wrote:
> >     Politics
> >     MFC
> >     DOS internals
> >     Windows internals
>
> Any specific reason not to mention "MacOS" internals,
> "Solaris" internals, "LispOS" internals in this list?

 Users of these other OSes tend to be clearer about the distinction
between OS and non-OS issues than many DOS/Windows users seem to be. (I
mostly use Windows myself, but one can't help noticing that
comp.lang.c++, say, isn't cluttered with stuff like 'how can I get the
Finder to..').