From: Svein-Ivar Lillehaug
Subject: Number -> text conversion in MCL
Hi,

When dealing with interfaces in MCL "make-dialog-item" seems to be a
rather usefull function. At least that was what I thought until I
discovered that it only takes arguments of type 'text' for displaying.
This is a problem for me as I have all these numbers that I want to
display. Well, I though -- it must be possible to convert numbers to
text, but it seems like this is not possible in MCL either without
writing a new function.

There must be easier ways to do these things, so please help me someone
with:

-how to get number displayed 'ala-text-in' function "make dialog-item"
-how to convert a number (more than 1 digit) to text
 (something like "number-to-string" in GNU Emacs Lisp)

Thanks in advance,
Svein-Ivar Lillehaug
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: Number -> text conversion in MCL
In article <·············@imt.liu.se>,
Svein-Ivar Lillehaug  <·····@imt.liu.se> wrote:
>-how to convert a number (more than 1 digit) to text
> (something like "number-to-string" in GNU Emacs Lisp)

(format nil "~d" number) will convert number to a string.  I don't know
what the "text" data type in MCL is, but I presume it's easy to convert a
string to text.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@bbnplanet.com
BBN Corporation, Cambridge, MA