From: CK Hui
Subject: not enough memory error with win32 clisp
Hello,

I hope this is pretty common, as I have a stock standard system.
Just downloaded clisp (6 Aug 97 version) for win32, unpacked, ran it
in win95 and was greeted with this message:

Cannot reserve address range 0x19000000-0x19FFFFFF . GetLastError() =
0x8 (ERROR
_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY): Not enough storage is available to process this
command.
D:\CLISP\LISP.EXE: Not enough memory for Lisp.

I tried a few things like giving it -M lispinit.mem, or -m 2MB even
but that didn't seem to help at all. (exactly the same message with
the same address range came up).

Tried changing memory managers but that didn't help either.

I have the space on the drive and 24Mb of RAM, so I'm scratching my
head now. Also had a read of the readme's and dox, and did some search
on the 'net but couldn't find anything related to this error, so I'm
scratching my head even more!

Can someone help?!
Thanks!

PS I then downloaded clisp for dos and that worked ok. But running it
in windoze would be nicer...

---
CK Hui, aka Kahn    : ·····@ihug.co.REMOVE-ME.nz
ICQ Web Pager       : http://wwp.mirabilis.com/663369
Clan Hades' Orphans : http://www.pobox.com/~hades.orphans (Maintained by BaM)
-/- Please reply by email as well -/-

"Where would you like to have already been?"