From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Free Common Lisp + CLOS on x86 Solaris??? Which one?
Hi,

if I wanted to get a free Common Lisp system with support
for CLOS running on Solaris x86 - which one to choose?

Does GCL 2.2.2 support CLOS (via PCL)? Doesn't seem so.

Has anybody contemplated about porting CMU CL to
x86 Solaris (since it runs under FreeBSD and Linux?

Is CLISP the system of choice?

Greetings,

Rainer Joswig

--
http://www.lavielle.com/~joswig/

From: Alexey Goldin
Subject: Re: Free Common Lisp + CLOS on x86 Solaris??? Which one?
······@lavielle.com (Rainer Joswig) writes:

> Hi,
>
> if I wanted to get a free Common Lisp system with support
> for CLOS running on Solaris x86 - which one to choose?
>
> Does GCL 2.2.2 support CLOS (via PCL)? Doesn't seem so.

It does. You have to get sources from GCL distribution site
(ftp://ftp.cli.com/pub/gcl/) and recompile.
From: Bruno Haible
> if I wanted to get a free Common Lisp system with support
> for CLOS running on Solaris x86 - which one to choose?

CLISP runs on Solaris/x86, already since 1995.

                           Bruno