From: VASUDEV K DALAL
Subject: How to access ENVIRONMENT Variables in Common LISP
Hi all :

	I dont know LISP very well. I am actually just executing
a LISP code from a PERL script.
I have to make changes to the "env" file such that one of the
variables is set to the value of the ENV variable $DISPLAY. This
is so that graphics can be display to the terminal specified
in $DISPLAY.

(setf *hostname* "xxx.yyy.zzz")  ;; Set this to your host
(setf *hostname* "xxx.yyy.zz

- This will send the X graphics to the specified Terminal
i.e.hostname:0.0.
I want to change this. The hostname should be set depending
on the $DISPLAY ENV Variable.
Currently as you see that value is hard-coded.

	I looked at the FAQs and tried to use the
function system::getenv $DISPLAY iin varies forms but I had no luck.

	Can any?ase help me or point me in the
right direction.
	Any input is appreciated. TIA.
	Any input is appreciated.