From: Anthony Paik
Subject: linux ANSI COMMON LISP?
Hello,

I would like to get my feet wet(little bit) on a Lisp language.

I heard of an author Paul Graham's ANSI COMMON LISP is pretty good.
Does anyone else recommend this book for a beginner?

Is there a Linux version of ANSI COMMON LISP availible to download???

thnx,
From: CsO
Subject: Re: linux ANSI COMMON LISP?
Anthony Paik <·····@scf.usc.edu> writes:

> I heard of an author Paul Graham's ANSI COMMON LISP is pretty good.
> Does anyone else recommend this book for a beginner?

Yes. Very readable. Should get a programmer new to Lisp up & running
in no time. Handy reference too.

> Is there a Linux version of ANSI COMMON LISP availible to download???

CMU CL seems to be actively maintained on Linux. AFAIK it is Public
Domain & is available at Sunsite.
<http://www.cons.org/cmucl/>

Alternatively you could write to the folk at Franz Inc. and they will
send you a free CD containing an uncrippled Linux version of their
commercial Allegro CL. They recommend RedHat 4.1 but it works fine for
me under Slackware.
<http://www.franz.com/>

There are other alternatives too (see the FAQ).