From: ········@informatik.uni-hamburg.de
Subject: Persistent LISP Objects for Solaris, SGI and Linux
Hello,

my system for Persistent LISP Objects (acronym PLOB!) is now available
as a client/server configuration for Solaris and Irix and as a
client-only configuration for Linux. Here are some of the system's
features at a glance:

* Orthogonal persistency
  -- Type completeness
  -- Persistency independent of an object's type
* PLOB!'s data modelling adapted to Common LISP's data modelling
  -- Persistent symbols
  -- Persistent packages
  -- Mapping between transient class metaobjects and persistent class
     description objects
  -- Schema evolution
* Integration of useful database functions
  -- Transactions
  -- Hierarchical object locking
  -- Indices
  -- Selection queries
* Efficency
  -- Efficient object representation
  -- Direct access to objects in the persistent memory

Check out http://lki-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~kirschke/diplom/
for details.

I'm looking for a guest account on a DEC Alpha PC, since I want to
compile some of PLOB's code there to make it available on that
platform; any help would be appreciated.

Furthermore, I'm looking for a library implementing the `siginfo.h'
signal handling as found e.g. on Solaris and Irix.

Viele Gruesse, Heiko
--
Labor fuer Kuenstliche Intelligenz              Heiko Kirschke  | |
Fachbereich Informatik                 Tel: +49 (40) 5494-2612  | | ||// ||