From: Brian Denheyer
Subject: MOP book is out of print ?
I recently tried to order a copy of "The Art of the Meta-object
Protocal" and the book store I ordered it from said it is out of
print.

Apparently, CLOS implementation and tinyCLOS (for STk) draw heavily
from that text (at least that's the impression I get). I was wondering
if someone could suggest good alternatives so that I can read up on
the why's and how's of the aforementioned object-systems.

Thanks

--
Brian Denheyer
······@northwest.com
From: Martin Cracauer
Subject: Re: MOP book is out of print ?
Brian Denheyer <······@soggy.SeitzAssoc.com> writes:

>I recently tried to order a copy of "The Art of the Meta-object
>Protocal" and the book store I ordered it from said it is out of
>print.

I would at least ask one or two other stores. I've been told a book is
unavailable by my former book shop, only to find out I could get it by
the publisher in no time.

Then, ask the authors. Their current email addresses of some of them
are shown on PARC's WWW server.

>Apparently, CLOS implementation and tinyCLOS (for STk) draw heavily
>from that text (at least that's the impression I get). I was wondering
>if someone could suggest good alternatives so that I can read up on
>the why's and how's of the aforementioned object-systems.

There is "The CLOS perspective", but it isn't a substitude for aMOP
when it comes to details.

Martin
--
···············@wavehh.hanse.de http://cracauer.cons.org  Fax.: +4940 5228536