From: Brad Spencer
Subject: Re: Reply to Ousterhout's reply (was Re: Ousterhout and Tcl ...)
   On Thu, 10 Apr 1997 09:08:06 +1000, Graham Matthews
   <···············@maths.anu.edu.au> wrote:

   >What rubbish. You can train people to use a modern language just like
   >you can and do train them to use an older language. The "oh these new
   >languages are too hard to learn for Joe average programmer" just doesn't
   >stand up. How can a language with no pointers, no explicit memory
   >alloc/dealloc, etc be harder to learn than one where you have to do all
   >that yourself ...

   Remember LOGO; a LISP derivative used for teaching youngsters to
   program...

   ABW
   --
   "Plug and Play support: WfEWAD will autodetect any installed
   Nuclear Arsenals, Laser Satellites, Battlefield Control Networks,

   (Windows for Early Warning and Defence User's manual P26)

   Alaric B. Williams Internet : ······@abwillms.demon.co.uk
   <A HREF="http://www.abwillms.demon.co.uk/">Hello :-)</A>

Hmmmm...

I think that this was later.  I seem to recall that the original goal
of LOGO was to control a robot arm [at, I believe, MIT].

Brad Spencer - ········@bassun.netminder.lucent.com [work]
               ········@lucent.com [more work]
               ····@anduin.eldar.org  http://anduin.eldar.org   [home]
From: Alaric B. Williams
On 15 Apr 1997 13:46:39 GMT, ········@bassun.perfect.att.com (Brad
Spencer) wrote:

>   Remember LOGO; a LISP derivative used for teaching youngsters to
>   program...
>
>Hmmmm...
>
>I think that this was later.  I seem to recall that the original goal
>of LOGO was to control a robot arm [at, I believe, MIT].

I didn't say it was a design goal at first. But education
was what it became famous for!

ABW