From: Lam N
Subject: Binary of CMU Lisp for Ultra SPARC
Hi,

Does anyone have the binary files of CMU Lisp for Ultra SPARC running
Solaris 2.5.1.?

Thanks very much in advance.

Fiona

From: Martin Cracauer
Subject: Re: Binary of CMU Lisp for Ultra SPARC
····@cse.cuhk.edu.hk (Lam N) writes:

>Does anyone have the binary files of CMU Lisp for Ultra SPARC running
>Solaris 2.5.1.?

See http://www.cons.org/cmucl

Martin
--
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
···············@wavehh.hanse.de http://cracauer.cons.org  Fax.: +4940 5228536
From: Thorsten Schnier
····@cse.cuhk.edu.hk (Lam N) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have the binary files of CMU Lisp for Ultra SPARC running
> Solaris 2.5.1.?
>
> Thanks very much in advance.
>
> Fiona

I have an ultra version built from the original
17f-sources, patched for ultras, at http://www.arch.usyd.edu.au/~thorsten

Since CMU's 17f, there has been considerable work on CMU lisp by a
small group of people, both fixing up problems and improving speed. My
built doesn't reflect any of the changes. Newer versions are available
from cons.org, but I think at the moment they are both 'minimal'
kernels, i.e. without PCL, CLX, Hemlock, etc.

You can get
http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/ftp-area/cmucl/sparc-solaris24-bin.tgz or
http://cvs2.cons.org:8000/ftp-area/cmucl/sparc-signed-array.tgz

the first one is possibly more stable, the second has some
improvements in array access.

Note, however, that there still are Ultra specific bugs in there, at
least I have some code that returns a wrong result, and some other
code crashes entirely, but those failures seem to be relatively rare.

thorsten

       \    k
        \   e                                          Thorsten Schnier
         \  y
     /\   \                              Key Centre of Design Computing
    /     / c                                      University of Sydney
    \    /  e                                                  NSW 2006
     \  /   n
      \/    t                                 ········@arch.usyd.edu.au
    DESIGN  r                    http://www.arch.usyd.edu.au/~thorsten/
  COMPUTING e