From: Bruce Voss
Subject: looking for a framework
Hello,

I am currently using a flavour of LISP within a framework that supports
many GUI features. The function calls to support this are easily called
from within the LISP code.

The framework is from a CAD company called UNICAD. Their framework is
quite an acceptable one, however it may soon be unavailable for me to
use.

I am wondering if any of you are famialiar at all with other similar
packages? I am looking for a set of routines, or functions that will
allow for easy GUI creation in the ECAD environment. I am also looking
at obtaining a framework that will work on major platforms -- unix, PC.

The reason I am looking for this, is because I have a large investment
in Lisp code that would be good to use whilst continuing the work (a
schematic editor & post processor).

Am I dreaming, or are there other such packages for lisp available out
there?

Any info on this would be greatly appreciated...

Bruce Voss
Adv. CAD Tech -  NORTEL
········@nortel.ca (all opinions my own, etc..)
From: Bill House
Subject: Re: looking for a framework
Bruce Voss <········@nortel.ca> wrote in article
<·············@nortel.ca>...
> Hello,
[snip]

> I am wondering if any of you are famialiar at all with other similar
> packages? I am looking for a set of routines, or functions that will
> allow for easy GUI creation in the ECAD environment. I am also looking
> at obtaining a framework that will work on major platforms -- unix, PC.

You might try here:

	http://almond.srv.cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs.cmu.edu/project/garnet/garnet/FAQ

Bill House
--